How to Set the Default Printer in Windows 10 – Features in Windows 10 is somewhat different from the version of Windows before-before her. These make the users of the Windows operating system rather complicated to run Windows 10. The basic features of Windows 10 are more likely to improve difficulties, including how to set the default printers. Therefore here we will discuss how to default printer in Windows 10.
In Windows 10 settings, the system automatically selects the default printer based on the printer that was last used. Therefore, some Windows users feel the need to change the default printers, which should be his to use. It is very important also for who will install a new printer on the computer.
We are given many choices of ways in Windows 10 to change the default printer settings, and we can turn the default printer through Settings, Printer Dialog, Control Panel, and even Command Prompt. And here, we will discuss 2 ways to change the default printer from 4 different ways, namely through the Printer Dialog and Control Panel.
How to Set the Default Printer using Control Panel
- Type and select the Control Panel in the Start Menu search field to open the Control Panel.
- Change the appearance of the Control Panel (View) to Small icons.
- Click Devices and Printers
- On the Printers menu, there are many kinds of printer, and it exists because of the installation of the printer driver’s physical and virtual printer.
- Right-click on the printer you want to use for the default printer and click Set as default printer
How to set the Default Printer through the Print Dialog
- Open Notepad or any application that can use the print feature or print a document.
- Click the File menu & select Print to open the Print dialog. Or we can use the keyboard keys CTRL + P to open the Print dialog.
- After the Print dialog opens, right-click on the printer you want to use as the default printer and click Set as Default Printer.