In this super modern era, we live surrounded by various smart devices. Gadgets such as smartphones or computers do bring a lot of benefits to human life. And generally, every smart device is definitely equipped with the name of the operating system. In this occasion, the mastekno will explain very much what is meant by the OS as well as the functions or examples.
A smart device is always consist of 2 parts that are hardware and software. Well this operating system is the role of software or software. Without its presence, a gadget won’t work as it should.
Understanding of the operating system
The understanding of operating System is the software which is responsible for any activity on a smart device such as a computer or smartphone. This operating system is like a life like a human being. It’s the one that controls all the processes happening on a device.
Operating system functions
From the role we can already know that the existence of an operating system is very important. Here are some of the usability benefits of an OS in a device:
- To control all resources or hardware that exist on a device.
- Provides interface view for users to manage and operate a device.
- As a guard to protect important data that exists.
- Sebaga Gate Keeper where it will give access only to certain users.
- Bridge between inputs entered by the user with the hardware that will do its job.
- Responsible for organizing other hardware to work properly.
- Helps users to perform various tasks by utilizing available hardware.
Operating system Parts
In a complex operating system, there are certain parts that each also have their own tasks. Here’s a mastekno will explain some of the important components in an OS:
- Kernel: A component which is the core of the operating system.
- Boot mechanism: The Kernel installed in a memory
- Command Interpreter (Shell): The functioning part reads the task input from the user.
- Libraries: A list of functions or basic tasks that can be used by other applications.
- Drivers: Components that bridge and control other hardware.
Operating System Example
In this world there are many types of OS both on laptop or HP computer devices. Probably some of the list below is the most popular operating system at the moment.
Computers and Laptops:
On PC devices We are familiar with a wide range of operating systems that work on desktop devices, generally those operating systems in
- MAC OS
- Linux and its descendants.
Mobile devices that work generally use the following operating systems.
- Windows Phone
A brief discussion about the understanding of operating systems, functions and examples. Hopefully the above Articke can explain what is actually the OS, usefulness benefits and also the parts. For those who still have questions or suggestions, please submit them in the comments field below.