How to Format a Write-Protected USB Flash Drive Windows 10 – You must feel anxious and worried when you know the flash can not be formatted because write-protected. Mainly if the flash contains lots of important and valuable files, don’t panic because this can happen due to usage.
If you often use a Flash Drive and remove it without first doing the eject process, the impact is a write protected warning.
How to Format a Write-Protected USB Flash Drive Windows 10
Another thing that could be the cause may be due to a flash drive infected with a virus or damage to the system. Flash Drive was experiencing this situation, and the file usually can not be copied or deleted. To reformat the Flash Drive is difficult, and of course, it can make you even more confused. Relax, here is the solution.
The solution to fix Flasdisk Can’t Be Format Because of Write Protected
You need to follow the steps below to overcome them.
- Download the USB Write Protect application, don’t worry because the app is only small and very light so it doesn’t take long.
- Plug the flash into the USB port on your laptop or computer.
- After successfully downloading the USB Write Protect application, open the program, then right-click and select “Run as administrator.” This application does not need to be installed first, so it is very simple and easy to use.
- In the “USB Device Write Protection” section, you will see a display of “Enabled” Write Protection Status.
- In the next step, you click the “Disable,” which is on the right.
- If the status has changed to “Disabled,” you can close the program by clicking the “Close” button.
- Your Flash Drive can be used as usual.
How to Fix Flash Drive Can’t Be Format Because of Write Protected
If this doesn’t work, you can try another method.
- Plug the Flash Drive into the USB Port of a Computer or Laptop.
- Download the Low-Level Format HDD application.
- Open the HDD Low-Level Format application and select the name of your Flash Drive
- After that, click “Continue” to continue.
- The next step is to click “Low-Level Format.”
- To format the Flash Drive, click “Format This Device.”
- Wait until the formatting process is complete, and it might take longer than usual.
Surely you will feel relieved because the flash can not be formatted. After all, write-protected has returned to normal and can save the files in it. In order not to recur, be more careful in using it and always eject before removing it.
That’s How to Format a Write-Protected USB Flash Drive Windows 10 by Algorithm Computer, share this article if useful.