How to fix Mobile Hotspot cannot Active in Windows 10 – Like to use WIFI on your Smartphone? Admittedly sometimes confused, when the connection suddenly broke due to a less intense signal.
This experienced by myself. My laptop is connected LAN cable for laptop internet, while HP uses WIFI. Well, unfortunately, in a particular location, the signal WIFI is not right and likes to disconnect itself.
But, lately there is a problem that can appear on this hotspot. IE mobile hotspot in Windows 10 can not be active. Yup, specifically for Windows 10.
What does this Laptop Hotspot cause can not be active?
If from my experience, it is usually because the system is problematic.
Yup, that’s because there’s a problem update until there’s a piece of data on the faulty system component (corrupt terminology).
Usually, there will also be a specific message, such as, “We can’t set up mobile hotspot.”
How to resolve Windows 10 Hotspot can not be active
so, how to fix it?
For those who don’t know, there are a few solutions that can be done to make the feature healthy again.
1. Use Troubleshooter Windows 10
In Windows 10 this a feature called Troubleshooter. Its function is to know and categorize the problems that exist in the system.
- The way it is quite easy. Type “Troubleshoot” in the Windows 10 search field, and then go to Troubleshoot settings.
- Next, please swipe down. Next to the right select Network Adapter and click Run Troubleshooter
- Wait a few moments. Here Troubleshooter will check the causes of the problem system, and then it will run the improvement process.
2. Update Your Driver Windows 10
For the undiscovered, outdated drivers can create function problems on the system. Drivers are also included network adapters.
This is quite closely related to Windows 10 that is hotspot problematic (can not be active). Recommended to try to update the driver. Can go through Device Manager:
- Open Device Manager. Can type through the Windows search field and open
- After that open the Network Adapter options
- Find the WLAN network adapter installed on your computer, then right-click
- Please select Driver Update
Wait a few moments until the updates are complete. If already, continue reboot (restart) the computer
After the active system returns, immediately check the on (it’s healthy again or not).
3. Change Adapter settings
Still around adapters, maybe a hotspot that can not be active in Windows 10 originally from the wrong settings. For the solution, you can follow these steps:
- Open the Mobile Hotspot settings. Click the Windows key + I to open the Settings window
- Go to the Network and Internet window
- Swipe down, later on, the left, click the Mobile Hotspot option
- Next, go to Related Settings (on the right) and click on Change Adapter Options
- Find the used Hotspot adapter, right-click and select Properties
- Finally, go to the Sharing tab > then uncheck the “Allow other network users to connect through this Computer’s Internet connection.”
If already, try activating the hotspot to recheck it.
4. Check the Windows Registry
The Registry in Windows can affect many things. It also includes the hotspot feature.
Please open regedit by typing “Regedit” in the Windows search field. Right-click to open it with Administrator mode (Run as Administrator).
Next go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WlanSvc\Parameters\HostedNetworkSettings\
In the right-hand menu, right-click on HostedNetworkSettings and then select Delete. Thus the problematic registry that makes Windows Hotspot can not be active will be erased.
5. Use additional Hotspot app in Windows 10
The way the Hotspot app works is similar to the one in the system. The difference is, the features are given more. So do not be surprised if there are errors (such as hotspots can not be active) will be lost.
Therefore, it is recommended to try the Software Applications. For example, using:
- Hosted Network Starter
- Virtual Router
- And others.
Well then, try to activate the hotspot of the application.
6. Check the Service Connection Sharing in Windows 10
And the latter is a Connection Sharing setting. Entry into the Service. This is important in check, because this service if the situation is not running, then can make the function of hotspot inactive.
For how to click the Windows key + R, then type “services.msc” and click OK, later will appear a new window. Please swipe down and open the Internet Connection Sharing menu (can right-click > properties).
Lastly, setting the settings from Manual to Automatic. Thus Connection Sharing will be active.
But, better first, restart the system.
That’s How to fix Mobile Hotspot cannot Active in Windows 10 by AlgoritmComputer.com, share this article if useful.