Connecting Laptop to Monitor
3 Ways How to Connect a Laptop to a Monitor – There are several steps that you can use as a way to connect the laptop to a monitor, but you have to consider several things before connecting the laptop. Here are a few tips recommended.
Select Options Output Video Laptop
There are several ways to connect laptop computers like Windows or Mac to an external monitor. Most laptops today modern alias can determine the best connection method when it will be connected to a monitor, and this process involves choosing the right cable.
- HDMI port with six sides taper can usually be found on most Windows laptops.
- DisplayPort, similar to HDMI but one end protrudes inward, while the other end forms a right angle.
- VGA or DVI, VGA port has a color and a hole, while DVI is generally black with holes and slits on one side.
- Thunderbolt 3 or also known as USB-C, an oval-shaped port that is next to a modern MacBook.
- HDMI, just like Windows, is a six-sided port, but only on some MacBook models.
- Mini DisplayPort, the same shape as HDMI, found in MacBook laptops produced from 2008 to 2016.
Select Insert Video Monitor
- Computer monitors generally have only one input or available ports, while another case with televisions that have a few enter. You can find some HDMI or DisplayPort port located on the back of the monitor.
- If the monitor being used is an old model or output, this allows you to find the VGA or DVI port located on the back of the monitor. This is the most important component in how to connect a laptop to a monitor.
Adjust the Computer Connection to the Monitor
- If the laptop and monitor have at least one of the same ports and most likely HDMI, you can use identical cables and connectors that can be used to connect the laptop to the monitor being used.
Buy an Adapter Cable
This needs to be done if the monitor requires a different type of connection from the laptop; you need an adapter cable to format the laptop connected to the monitor connection. Here are some of the cable adapter you can use in general.
- DisplayPort (Mini DisplayPort) -to-HDMI
- Mini DisplayPort-to-DisplayPort
- USB-C-to-HDMI (DisplayPort)
Connect Monitor to Resources
The next step is to connect the monitor to a power source, for example, at the socket, and press the power button or power. This ensures that the monitor has been turned on before connecting the laptop.
Connect Laptop to Monitor
Plug one end of the cable into the laptop and connect the other end of the cable to the monitor, if you need to buy an adapter you also have to connect the adapter power cable to the power source used or a power source.
Wait until the laptop screen appears on the monitor.
How to Connect Laptop to Monitor, Simple Ways
Modern laptop least provides one port that can be used to connect the laptop to the monitor, using either a VGA, DVI, or DisplayPort. However, note that some PCs or laptops also need an adapter.
- You must make sure it has the data cable between the monitor to a PC or laptop, such as a VGA connector for computer monitors and VG port on the laptop.
- If you are connected, it will automatically switch to the new external screen.
- You will be asked to press one or more buttons to switch to an external display.
- For example, pressing the Fn and F7 buttons, at the same time, you will switch between a laptop and an external screen.
- Usually, you will find a combination of buttons on the screen that resembles a laptop keyboard.
- If the laptop is not equipped with the FN key or F1-F12, you can read a guide book.
How to Connect Laptop to Monitor All Versions
There is a way to connect a laptop to the monitor for all types of laptops, either MacBook or Windows, the method is easy to do and does not require many times. Here are some steps that you should do.
- When setting up on the right side of the laptop, you only need a little to make adjustments.
- In terms of default, extensions will be pointing to the left.
- Next, go to the windows, Display Settings, or Adjust Screen Resolution.
- Drag the monitor icon that leads to the right side of your monitor laptop.
- Existence will be on the right side instead of on the left again.
- Click Apply to save the settings.
When the connectivity process is visible, users of Windows 7 can do this in a matter of seconds. Then for adjustments will only be used when needed, you need to know the dual setup that will be used and for what settings are required.